Saturday, January 2, 2010

Valentino Spring 2010 Ready-to-Wear

I decided to review a whole bunch of the Spring RTW collections. I have over 50 to do! This time, it's the latest Valentino collection. I only used my favorite looks, so there were actually 44 in total, not nine. This collection had a lot of sheer fabrics. Sometimes a bit too sheer.


I really love the look on the left. The draping quality in one large word, exquisite! Yes, this is certainly what I expected from such a renowned designer and if I didn't see such perfect craftsmanship, I would be near disgusted. Yes, dear readers. Shouldn't this be an accurate response?
I really like the middle and right outfits. The middle one somehow reminded me at first of a butterfly.  It just looks so delicate and feminine! And then there's the long-sleeved cocktail dress. With sheer, flowy sleeves and a wide belt at the waist. What beauty!
I fell in love with these curvy ruffles. The coloring is like a pretty Hawaiian sand. Or something. (I can always find a resemblance, can't I?)

Over all, this latest Valentino collection is marvelous.If I had the money to buy a piece or two, I would feel like the luckiest girl on earth.

To go to the full collection, click here. (Warning- You may see some very exposed models. Watch at your own peril!!!)

Sincerely yours,

Erin

1 comment: